[sclug] Problem with postfix & maildrop

Keith Edmunds keith at midnighthax.com
Sat Jun 4 11:34:20 UTC 2005

Darren Davison wrote:
> Postfix is certainly working in terms of correct delivery to aliases.
> Does my config look wrong or just unusual do you think?

Neither, in my opinion. The confusion I was (possibly failing) to point
out was that /etc/aliases is a text file (alias_maps) and alias_database
is the database itself, and will have an extension to the filename, so
although specified as /etc/aliases it will often be /etc/aliases.db.

What was unusual (but in no way wrong) was having the aliases file in
/etc/mail, but as you say maybe that's a Gentoo-ism. I've not done a
great deal with Gentoo for a year or so.

--
Keith Edmunds