[sclug] Anyone want to meet an MEP about patents?

Tom Chance lists at tomchance.org.uk
Fri Jun 10 09:34:09 UTC 2005

Ahoy,

If anyone on this list owns or is part of a small or medium sized enterprise
(SME), and would be interested/willing to meet an MEP to discuss their
concerns about software patents, can you please email me ASAP?

There are three MEPs in the South East region who may be persuaded to take a
more anti-software patent line, and they are particularly receptive to SMEs.
If a representative of your company could meet with an MEP, either in your
office or theirs, you could have a huge impact on their position.

I'd arrange everything, and you'd meet with either Nirj Deva (Con), Daniel
Hannan (Con) or Ahsley Mote (Ind). They're in the UK all next week
(13th-17th) and then on Fridays between then and the vote (5th-6th of July).
We should be able to get them to your office, so you'd just need to set aside
an hour or so for a meeting or two, plus time to prepare (which I could help
you with).

Just get back to me if you're interested... time is running out :)

Regards,
Tom

--
Please send personal emails to tom at ... not lists at ...