[sclug] UseNet Police

Neil Haughton n.a.haughton at bigfoot.com
Tue May 3 18:35:45 UTC 2005

>>On Tue, May 3, 2005 10:18, Hamlesh Motah said:
>>

>>>Top post?
>>>

>>http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

Groan... the UseNet Police have arrived!

I must have seen more round objects written on the subject of Netiquette
since the term was invented than I have seen on almost any other
subject, including WMD and the War Legality Question. Who do these
people think they are? And what strange power is it that this Internet
thing has that makes people think that because they _can_ broadcast
their opinions on a public forum, they _should_, and that somehow we
will all be enriched for it?

I'm tempted to write a piece titled "Why it is better to keep one's
opinions to oneself rather than build a website around them"

Okay, I've calmed down now. :-P

Neil Haughton