[sclug] TopPosting Was: Helping others into FOSS/Linux

Darren Davison darren at davisononline.org
Tue May 3 22:16:01 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 21:41 +0100, Hamlesh Motah wrote:
> I must not be understanding, if its
> such a bad practise why hasn't it formed a greater more weightier part
> of the business community email etiquette

that's fairly simple to answer.  Most people use broken software (not
just Microsoft's either it pains me to say - Lotus' has always been as
bad) that makes no effort to comply with either protocol or netiquette.
As such, the people who use such software follow the path of least
resistance which is to start typing where it places the cursor and
assume all is well.

--
Darren Davison
Public Key: 0xDD356B0D