[sclug] TopPosting Was: Helping others into FOSS/Linux

Alan Pearson alandpearson at yahoo.com
Wed May 4 11:17:37 UTC 2005

Thought I'd weigh in on this one.
As you can see I have top posted.

I do so as it is MY choice.
It is also YOUR choice to ignore it if it annoys you.

Yes, by all means give advice and say that it makes more sense to
Inline post, but there is no RIGHT way to do it.
Just strong opinions.

I could have posted in line, but often this means it can get so
convulted and indented that it is hard to read (especially with a deep
thread).
Yes trimming helps.

As a topic such as this is fresh in everyones minds, inline posting
will not help as I'm not responding to any specific point raised by
other posters.

Top / Inline posting should be used where appropriate, and in this
case, in line posting is not appropriate as NONE of you will read what
I've replied to.

I look forward to being ignored by Alex, but I know I won't be :-))