[sclug] Web hosting

Tom Chance lists at tomchance.org.uk
Mon May 9 11:43:43 UTC 2005

On Monday 09 May 2005 12:30, Chris Aitken wrote:
> > On Monday 09 May 2005 12:10, Peter Brewer wrote:
> > > 3) Postgres
> > >
> > > The site is unlikely to require high volume or bandwidth so
> > > hopefully we won't need anything too expensive.
> >
> > Postgres will make things difficult, since most hosts just
> > support MySQL. Is it necessary?
>
> No comparison ;)

That may be true, but if the site is unlikely to require high bandwidth,
performance is unlikely to be an issue. And for most web sites, feature
differences are unlikely to really figure, unless it's a seriously
complicated db-driven web site they're putting together!

Regards,
Tom

--
Please send personal emails to tom at ... not lists at ...