[sclug] Netmeeting and GNUGk, and shorewall and iptables

James Wyper jrwyper at yahoo.co.uk
Mon May 16 16:38:11 UTC 2005

[snip]

> That's news to me.  I have it on a private IP working fine
> (admittedly
> gnomemeeting not netmeeting).
>
> In my firewall script I have:

[snip]

Thanks.  When I get back from work I'll do some more web research to
see if this sort of thing will work with Netmeeting too.  I think there
is some issue with Netmeeting's profligate use of UDP ports that might
foul things up.

I use shorewall at the moment to do my firewalling and as a result I've
not had (yet) to figure out how iptables works.    I'll be sure to read
the iptables HOWTO - unless anyone can recommend something better?  Can
I mix shorewall with native iptables commands?

James.

PS Taking great care not to top-post.  Can't risk another outbreak like
last week.