[sclug] OT: Dr Who

John Stumbles john at stumbles.org.uk
Sun May 22 23:32:44 UTC 2005

Not just OT but sad too, one way or another. Our DVD recorder decided
that the disk on which I'd recorded about 1 hour's worth of material at
EP was full -- in the middle of Dr Who: aargh! (Older readers will
remember Tony Hancock's unfinished whodunnit: now I know the feeling!)
Does anyone have a recording of it I could blag, borrow or steal?
(Reading area).

ObLinux: MythTV seems like the right way to go but the doc page's
"Initially, installation of MythTV seems like a huge task" isn't
followed by the half-expected reassurance that really it's not. Having
tried to install the DVD authoring tools and come unstuck on some
components that wouldn't compile (that project's still swapped out
pending more Tuits) I suspect it could take you into fairly deep guru
territory to make it all work.

ISTR hearing somewhere (here?) of a more-or-less out of the box MythTV +
distro (Ubuntu?) package but can't find any reference on the MythTV or
Ubuntu sites or from a quick google.

WRT a previous thread, maybe a working MythTV box (if such a beast is
not a, er, myth) would be an interest at a woo-the-windoze-weenies day?

cheers

--
John Stumbles