[sclug] NTL at 2M

David Newcomb david.newcomb at bigsoft.co.uk
Wed May 25 13:17:20 UTC 2005

Good question. I got the flyer as well.

So I have just phoned them 0800 052 2000. After making my way through the
numbered call menu system with:

   <myphone>#3#1#2#5  (remove the #'s)

My call was answered after just 4 seconds (NTL's customer service
has improved immeasurably over the last month or two).

The bloke on the phone said you have to manually switch to the
2M service. You can do this in 2 ways:

1. Phone the number above and ask them to do it (you need you
telephone password)

or

2. Goto  www.ntlhome.com and login via the "Existing Users Login" link.
>From here you can switch yourself.
Once on the new service, do a cold start on all your kit
(modem & router & computer), so that it picks up the new configuration.

Hope that helps. Can't wait to get home and play on it ;)

Regards,
David
Managing Director
BigSoft Limited