[sclug] NTL at 2M

James Wyper jrwyper at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 26 08:27:41 UTC 2005

When I read the small print as I upgraded (from 300k to 1M) it said
something along these lines:

- There is a cap (3GB/month for the cheapskate ?17.99 service)
- However they don't currently have the technology to enforce it
- "Later in the year" they will actually put the systems in place to
measure usage with a view to enforcing the cap
- They haven't yet decided what to do for people who go over the limit
(refuse service, insist you upgrade, charge per extra GB, etc.)

Given the rate at which Broadband prices are dropping, I would hope
that by the time they get their act together they would have increased
the cap in order to remain competitive.  Otherwise they will probably
be losing at least one customer...

James.