[sclug] PC giveaway

Alex Butcher lug at assursys.co.uk
Mon Nov 28 20:52:18 UTC 2005

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005, Derek M Jones wrote:

> Keith,
>
>> I've got two systems available for free. Both are tower systems and both
>> run Linux just fine. I've installed Debian on both just to prove they work
>> OK. I doubt they're really suitable for running X, but they'd be
>
> I don't think the X resource requirements have gotten that bad.

Indeed; my dad runs FC1 with a full GNOME desktop on a K6-2 400MHz or so
with, I think, 192MB. He's happy, as it's faster and more reliable than the
486 DX4-100/32MB/Windows 95 system he was using before. :-)

Cheers,
Alex.
--
Alex Butcher      Brainbench MVP for Internet Security: www.brainbench.com
Bristol, UK                      Need reliable and secure network systems?