[sclug] Azureus (was: Dell desktop for 175GBP...)

John Stumbles john at stumbles.org.uk
Thu Oct 27 17:45:34 UTC 2005

Matt wrote:

> Azureus sucks on everything I've tried to run it on, it's far more
> unusable than anything realistically should be running on my SMP MP2800+
> system.

I like the way you can set a maximum bandwidth so it doesn't clobber
your network connection, and it'll use the remainder of the b/w you've
allocated on another download if the current one is going at less than
the allocated rate. I just wish it wouldn't use up so much memory.

Is there anything else that will do this more economically (for Linux,
natch)

--
John Stumbles