[sclug] USB card won't come out to play

Neil Haughton n.a.haughton at bigfoot.com
Sun Oct 30 18:54:41 UTC 2005

Can anyone help with a little problem that is teasing me at the moment?

My motherboard has USB2 build in, but I've used all 4 ports and need
some more.  I picked up a PCI USB1.1 card (fine for mouse and printer)
on the cheap at Maplins, and I thought I could just plug it in and I'd
be away. But no, the card just isn't recognised. I've checked the BIOS
to see if there is something to switch on or off, and the only thing I
could find was Legacy USB support, which I enabled. No improvement - the
ports aren't even shown in USBView.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong? What have I missed?

TIA

Neil