[sclug] Install day on 15th / 29th?

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Mon Apr 3 17:49:08 UTC 2006

Ahoy,

On 03/04/06 16:45:52, Darren Davison wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 10:21:38AM +0100, Tom Chance wrote:
> > >May be an announcement on Radio Berks.
> >
> > Not a bad idea. I'll send it to people I know in local papers and on
>
> > Reading107
> > too. Anyone have any good contacts?
> >

> > >I sure there is much more.
> >
> > Not having organised an install day before I'm open to suggestions!
>
> you don't think you're cutting it a bit fine for the 15th do you?  I
> mean in
> terms of getting the word out so that enough punters turn up to make
> it
> worthwhile.. just seemed quite short notice.

Possibly, yes. But then enough people have expressed an interest on
this list for it to be worthhile, I think. As I said in another email,
we (Remix Reading) have the venue running an open media lab every
fortnight anyway so there's plenty of potential for future events with
more publicity, punters, etc.

> Anyhoo, a few other LUG's post event notices to uk.comp.os.linux on
> usenet
> which has a reasonably high amount of traffic.

Could you do this? Also anyone else publicise it wherever you think
appropriate.

Regards,
Tom