[sclug] spamreport - was posted on /. recently

Dickon Hood sclug at splurge.fluff.org
Thu Aug 3 22:08:23 UTC 2006

On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 23:03:16 +0100, ed wrote:
: Spam Filters: Do they work

Yes.

: and Can you prove it:

Yes.

splodge:/home/dickon/ 103$ dspam_stats -H
dickon:
                TS Total Spam:             101020
                TI Total Innocent:          84915
                SM Spam Misclassified:        421
                IM Innocent Misclassified:     35
                SC Spam Corpusfed:           4717
                IC Innocent Corpusfed:       1236
                TL Training Left:               0
                SR Spam Catch Rate:        99.58%
                IR Innocent Catch Rate:    99.96%
                OR Overall Rate/Accuracy:  99.76%

: http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/media/Spam%20Filters:%20Do%20they%20work%20and%20Can%20you%20prove%20it.html

: Hope it contains something new for you.

:-)

--
Dickon Hood

Due to digital rights management, my .sig is temporarily unavailable.
Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.  We apologise for the
inconvenience in the meantime.

No virus was found in this outgoing message as I didn't bother looking.