[sclug] Wanted: text mode word processor

ed ed at s5h.net
Fri Dec 8 19:48:26 UTC 2006

On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 00:17:59 +0000
David Given <dg at cowlark.com> wrote:

> Dickon Hood wrote:
> [...]
> > That's almost exactly why you *do* want LaTeX.  The formatting
> > markup is minimal (especially once you get used to it and understand
> > what each command does), and doesn't get in the way of writing the
> > document.
>
> Yes, I know, but it's still not what I'm looking for. I simply don't
> want a system with visible markup.
>
> > LyX if you can't stand vim.
>
> vim is good, and I use it for preference, but it won't highlight text
> without there being visible sequences in the text for the highlighting
> to match against (although I could be wrong, vim is very big). LyX
> uses X.

some time ago, corel released wordperfect 6.0 for x. IIRC wp60 was also
released for both dos/windows, after 6.0 it was released for only
windows. however, i suppose the two flavours (terminal/windowed) might
have been in the same bundle for linux. i have no idea where one could
download this relic now, or even if corel would honour the serial key...

--
Regards, Ed                      :: http://www.openbsdhacker.com
just another bash hacker