[sclug] VPN

James Wyper jrwyper at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 9 09:33:32 UTC 2006

--- Hamlesh Motah <admin at hamlesh.com> wrote:

> I have tried and tried and tried in the past to setup a VPN server at
> home, openvpn is far too complicated for my limited knowledge.

I have dabbled with openvpn (linux <-> linux, no Windows clients as
yet); my knowledge is also pretty limited but I don't recall having
major problems with it (or nothing that googling couldn't fix).  The
Howto on the openvpn website is pretty good.  Were you using version
2.0?

If you're having specific problems I can try and help out, or I can
post you my config files if you think they would be useful.

I think I read somewhere that the new version of OpenSSH is going to
have vpn functionality out of the box so it may be worth investigating
that..

James.