[sclug] Printers going gratis

Neil Haughton n.a.haughton at bigfoot.com
Sat Jan 14 10:24:54 UTC 2006

I'm under orders to "clear out that junk", so I have some kit going
begging to anyone who can make use of it:

1. Canon S450 inkjet printer, with spare (sealed) ink cartridges, power
supply and Windows CD. The cartridge carriers (which have the nozzles)
need cleaning or replacing, but otherwise GWO. Works well enough with
Linux, but don't expect to produce artwork with it.

2. OkiData 4W Personal Laser printer. Has a fault - it only prints the
top half of the page. You might be able to fix it if you know what
you're doing - I don't! Comes with spare toner cartridge and is very
economical to use.

3. Lexmark Z52 - I actually took this off John Stumbles' hands a while
back. It works fine with Linux, but needs new cartridges, and mains/USB
cables.

It seems such a waste to use these to help fill a hole in the ground
while somebody may be able to make use of them.

Neil.