[sclug] Install fest / community support day in August/September?

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Fri Jul 14 19:31:58 UTC 2006

Ahoy,

Would people be interesting in running an install fest, perhaps with more of a
community support feel, in August or September?

Remix Reading have open media labs with nothing in particular planned (yet) on
the following Saturdays: 19th August, 2nd September, 16th September.

It would be fun, given more time to plan, to get lots of people in, including
those in the more active and experienced Hants LUG. We could advertise it
around Reading as a general community IT support day, so also fixing Windows
and MacOS problems where possible, but with a strong Linux focus.

If people are interested, maybe somebody would like to start a wiki page about
it and get the Hants LUG people involved?

We can supply six PCs with Kubuntu, some nice printed Ubuntu/Kubuntu install and
live CDs (Dapper), some basic networking hardware, free wifi, and lots of Linux
magazines and books for people to read. Oh, and a nice free space with a bar
and coffee/tea facilities!

Regards,
Tom

--
I am aware that emails to this address may be mistakenly caught as spam. If
you don't get a reasonably timely reply, please try contacting me at
telex4 at yahoo.com