[sclug] 1u cheapish server wanted

AdamT adwulf at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 09:40:16 UTC 2006

On 05/06/06, Luke Hinds <lukehinds at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> After a bit of advice on where would be best to shop for an intel based 1U
> sized 19" rack box (will headless and host Ubuntu or Debian / Non GUI).

Ah, this came up on another list not so long ago...

> Any links or experiences happily recieved.

Check out the Dell SC1425-1U
http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/pedge_sc1425?c=uk&cs=ukbsdt1&l=en&s=bsd

Pretty cheap for what you get, but I've heard reports of people having
problems running Windows on it.

Or, a bit more expensive is the Xinit Systems CoreServ:

http://store.xinit.com/ecommerce/control/product/~category_id=Servers/~product_id=CSR105102;jsessionid=77C0512783E5DD3D3A96B424C16AC3DD.jvm1

And I've been eyeing up one of these for a while now:

https://secure.dnuk.com/systems/r410-1u.php

Also take a look at http://www.bstock.co.uk/ for refurb kit.

HTH,

--
AdamT
"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not