[sclug] Important RemixReading meet this Saturday (10th)

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Tue Jun 6 10:17:42 UTC 2006

Ahoy,

This Saturday we're having a meeting rather than an open media lab, so if
anyone would like to get more involved then come along! You could run a
workshop on using a particular piece of free software, arrange talks, or get
into the more arty side of things with gigs, exhibitions, recording, etc.

We're having a meeting at 12 midday in the Rising Sun Arts Centre (30 Silver
St) this Saturday (10th). It's open to anyone who wants to learn more and/or
get involved.

Here's a very rough agenda:

- Introduction to Remix Reading and Creative Commons.
- Introduction to RAVES, an organisation we're merging with
- Workshops at the fortnightly open media labs (www.remixreading.org/events)
- Reading festival (possibly painting the fencing)
- Greenfields event on 21st June
- Edinburgh Festival trip
- Other future plans, ideas, etc.

I will send out notes from the meeting to our discussion list, so subscribe to
that if you'd like to be involved but can't make it to this meeting:

I hope to see you there!

Kind regards,
Tom

--
I'll give ?100 to People & Planet if 20 people give ?10.
Help me help this amazing student activist network!