[sclug] World's first Open movie released

John Stumbles john at stumbles.org.uk
Sat Jun 10 11:27:17 UTC 2006

John Stumbles wrote:
> Dickon Hood wrote:
>
>> Or install ALSA, which is better (you can have multiple things using the
>> sound devices simultaneously, for example).
>

> In debian I tried apt-get install alsa which chuntered along and did its
> stuff, but didn't suggest what I should do to use it.

OK got it: alsaconf. (I'm surprised that it wasn't run automatically as
part of the apt-get install procedure).

Now I can have my music interrupted by beeps from the console!

I still need
mplayer -autosync 30 -vo xv Elephants_Dream_1024.avi
for decent sync on playing the movie though.

--
John Stumbles