[sclug] Using open source to make money on generic PCs (article)

mail at europa.demon.co.uk mail at europa.demon.co.uk
Mon Jun 12 11:48:58 UTC 2006

aeclist at candt.waitrose.com wrote:
> http://www.linux-watch.com/news/NS6998877341.html
>
> Is there anyone local in Berks who uses such an approach?
> Alternatively, would it be considered at some level, if a few
> -volunteers- appreared to assist with some of the chores including
> simple support work - mostly as a labour of love?
>
> It begs a few questions of course, but one can dream?

Sure - I quite believe that something along similar lines is inevitable, and fully expect to see it. I've toyed around with the idea of doing it myself, getting as far as thinking about how the business model would work and drafting up what sort of flyers and advertising I would need.

So far I'm not ready to give up the day job to try and do it, however!