[sclug] Bracknell Computer Fair (9th jul '06) Infopoint?

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Fri Jun 30 09:18:38 UTC 2006

I am again planning to arrange an Infopoint table (on a charity basis)
at the bracknell computer fair:

Sun 9th July
Venue: Bracknell Sports Centre, Bagshot Road, Bracknell,
Open: 10am - 4pm.
http://www.computermarket.com/cgi-bin/floorplan?vnu_id=5

I would love to attend on a regular monthly basis and I do what I can,
but it would be better if another (or others), could also be available
(regularly?), to jointly cover times when I can not make it. There
have been several months just lately when I have been unavoidably away
even though I think Infopoint is very important. - Any offers?

To recap: In the few days preceding a BCF event, I contact BCF
organisers, remind them that as a (very) special case of non-trading
The 'Infopoint Project' - Free software, Open Source Software,
http://infopointproject.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
and ask if they can fit me in with a freebie table (they by then they
will know what is spare and un-booked)

Their small management team is not used to giving things away.....they
are in the small traders' world - but they generally are ok with
treating Infopoint as a special case. In the past (a bit undefined I
think) they are reported to have made an agreement with Jono Bacon to
make tables available, but I have never needed to refer to this very
explicitly.

A condition of the freebie table is of course that there is no
trading. CDs are at most offered for purely the cost of production - I
find 50p is ok for a hand-marked CD. This amount does not upset nearby
traders and is clearly a non trading price.