[sclug] Seagate ST3300831A-RK Barracuda 300GB 7200RPM disk

Derek M Jones derek at knosof.co.uk
Sat Mar 4 14:37:58 UTC 2006

John,

> Seagate ST3300831A-RK Barracuda 300GB 7200RPM
>
> http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2VsZWN0X3Byb2R1Y3Rfb3ZlcnZpZXc=&product_uid=81597
>
> Are Seagates any good though? groups.google didn't throw up any horror
> stories but maybe some folks here have Deeper Clue.

The point that convinced me to buy nine 400G Seagate drives when
building a server for my latest project was the 5 year warranty.

I have not had any problems with them in 6 months.

--
Derek M. Jones                              tel: +44 (0) 1252 520 667
Knowledge Software Ltd                      mailto:derek at knosof.co.uk
Applications Standards Conformance Testing    http://www.knosof.co.uk