[sclug] Auto-reply for old address with maildrop

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Fri Mar 17 15:10:51 UTC 2006

Ahoy,

I'm a bit stuck, I'm trying to set up maildrop to automatically reply to
anyone who emails me at my old address advising them of my new one. At the
moment emails go straight through the system but no auto-replies are sent
out. I've got plenty of other filters working so the system is otherwise
configured properly. Any suggestions?

from ~/.mailfiter
--------
if ($RETURNCODE==1)
{
  if ( !/^X-Spam-Flag: YES/ )
  {
    if ( /^To:.*tomchance.org.*/ )
    {
      cc "Maildir/.INBOX"
      xfilter "reformail -r -t"
      to "| (cat /home/tom/old_address.msg) | /usr/sbin/sendmail -t"
    }
  }
}

--------

Regards,
Tom

--
I'm aware that e-mails to me may be blocked by my host
because they are mistaken as spam. If this happens,
please e-mail me at: telex4 at yahoo.com