[sclug] Apache 2 dying from too many concurrent connections

ed ed at s5h.net
Thu May 18 17:09:17 UTC 2006

On Thu, 18 May 2006 10:39:01 +0100
"Tim Sutton" <tim at linfiniti.com> wrote:

> My Apache has died twice this morning (see logs below). I've increased
> MaxThreshold to 50 (from 20) now to try to prevent this. Has anyone
> encountered this before? I'm running debian stable with all packages
> up to date. Am I being DOS'd?

Probably not.. You are probably being exploited from website stat
flooders.

The best you can do is reduce the max childs, then you should not run
out of resources for those legitimate users. What is the buffered/free
memory available on this box?

--
Regards, Ed                      :: http://www.openbsdhacker.com
proud python person