[sclug] Linux Apprentice Wanted !

Jonathan H N Chin jc254 at newton.cam.ac.uk
Fri Nov 3 18:48:13 UTC 2006

Alan Pearson <alandpearson at yahoo.com> wrote:
> We're after someone, more than likely a recent graduate, [...]

That is age discrimination, isn't it?

    Avoid phrases like 'applicants should be 25-35 years of age',
    "young graduates", "mature person" - they are discriminatory.

    http://www.agepositive.gov.uk/lifecycle.cfm?sectionID=41&id=1

> [...] learning network admin [...]
> It's an excellent learning experience, [...]

So what you're really saying is that it's an entry-level position?
And possibly, by implication, you aren't going to be paying a shedload?

-jonathan

--
Jonathan H N Chin, 2 dan | deputy computer | Newton Institute, Cambridge, UK
<jc254 at newton.cam.ac.uk> | systems mangler | tel/fax: +44 1223 767091/330508

                "respondeo etsi mutabor" --Rosenstock-Huessy