[sclug] sharing $HOME on various machines

John Stumbles john at stumbles.org.uk
Sat Nov 11 17:23:48 UTC 2006

I want to mount /home from the machine where our home dirs live on other
machines (obviously enough). However since the machines differ in what
apps are installed and what are running on each etc I don't want config
files appropriate for one machine conflicting with another. For instance
  if I'm running kde I want my kde apps menus to reflect what's actually
on each machine.

I could spend half a lifetime fiddling around with symlinks like
	.thisapp -> $MACHINE/.thisapp
etc, but this seems a general enough problem I imagine others have come
across it before (and maybe found some solutions). However I'm not sure
where to look for answers (what terms to google for). Any pointers?

--
John Stumbles