[sclug] The great ADSL question!

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Sat Nov 18 14:20:47 UTC 2006

Scott Rixon wrote:
> Anyone used them? 24mb for 24 quid... Sounds good to me.. I know it
> won't be that fast unless I live 'inside' the exchange..
[...]
> Comments?
[...]

Well, there are the usual weasel-words in the 'fair an acceptable use policy':

> If it?s felt that any Be unlimited or office member?s Internet activities
> are so excessive that other members are detrimentally affected, Be may give
> the member generating the excessive web traffic a written warning (by email
> or otherwise).

Also, they're calling their modem a Be Box, which is Just Wrong. Other than
that, I have no real comments to make, other than that my 8Mb connection very
rarely gets maxed out, so you may not actually find yourself using a 24Mb
connection.

--
???David Given???McQ?? "...electrons, nuclei and other particles are good
?? dg at cowlark.com????? approximations to perfectly elastic spherical