[sclug] Network startup on Debian

Dickon Hood sclug at splurge.fluff.org
Tue Oct 24 22:13:14 UTC 2006

On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 20:12:51 +0100, David Given wrote:

: In the short term, I'm probably going to have to switch to a journalling
: filesystem, simply to avoid fsck problems. (It's currently using ext3, which
: claims to be journalled, but I've never, ever actually seen it work.) I'd
: rather not; XFS and ReiserFS are both huge, and on this 32MB device I need to
: trim the kernel as much as is humanly possible. Any recommendations?

tune2fs -j /dev/foo

to add a journal.  If it isn't using one, it usually means it hasn't got
one to use.  That'll add it.

--
Dickon Hood

Due to digital rights management, my .sig is temporarily unavailable.
Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.  We apologise for the
inconvenience in the meantime.

No virus was found in this outgoing message as I didn't bother looking.