[sclug] Quoting out of context

ed ed at s5h.net
Tue Jun 26 17:43:21 UTC 2007

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 13:00:40 +0100
"n.a.haughton at bigfoot.com" <haughtonomous at googlemail.com> wrote:

> This is how the original quotation ends...
>
> ...But the idea of a national register is not unknown. I mean most
> countries have identity systems, and the whole point about the reason
> why I think it is important we go for identity cards and an identity
> database today is that identity fraud and abuse is a major, major
> problem. Now the civil liberties aspect of it, look it is a view, I
> don't personally think it matters very much. Most people have some
> form of identity today
>
> The last sentence somewhat changes the implication of what he was
> saying. If you are going to use this forum to make political points,
> can you please at least not quote out of context?

I don't care about the political aspect, but please, please, please!
Don't encourage signatures > 3 lines long!!!

Just so this post isn't about sigs alone, I think the perl mongers are
meeting reasonably soon.

Here are the details, if you wish to get updates please join their
mailing list. I cannot stress just how much perl has changed the way I
work for the better.