[sclug] Trying for a Slashdotting (blatant self-advertising!) :-)

mail at europa.demon.co.uk mail at europa.demon.co.uk
Thu Mar 15 22:40:05 UTC 2007

Some of you might recall the Mandriva Linux book I brought along to the SCLUG meeting just over a month ago, which I published together with Wim Coulier:
http://www.lulu.com/content/603439

anyway I was trying to get it Slashdotted to get some more publicity for it, but I think sadly it is not getting very many votes at the moment (Wim's 2006 article was Slashdotted, however).

If you would like to help me get this out to a wider audience, and also get more feedback on it, perhaps you would be kind enough to give it a thumbs-up on the Slashdot Firehose (you need to have a login, if you don't already) and/or send it to any Slashdot-reading friends of yours?
http://slashdot.org/firehose.pl?op=view&id=105648
(I'm not certain quite how the Firehose thing operates, but please give it a go if you will).

cheers - missed yesterday's meeting, unfortunately, hopefully I'll be able to come  to the next one :-)
John Barron