[sclug] FYA

ed ed at s5h.net
Wed Nov 7 20:08:55 UTC 2007

On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 18:53:21 +0000
Simon Huggins <huggie at earth.li> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 06:30:45PM +0000, ed wrote:
> > Has anyone been allocated any IPv6 PI space privately?
>
> I thought only ARIN was doing IPv6 PI (though it seems AfriNIC is too
> now).
>
> I don't really understand your "privately" either.  Surely if you want
> it to truely be Provider Independent then you'd want to get it from
> an RIR?

Nice to see you're still about :-)

FWIW, I met a guy at the Nottingham RIPE meeting, Peter something or
other at Blue Squared hosting, who happened to know your name from
Blackcat, said Rapid switch have their kit at the DC where he works...
Small world.

Anyway, what I was after was just my own little piece of IPv6 space,
since there's so much of it to go around. Privately might not have been
the best word to describe what I'm after. Really I just wanted my own
space in my name, without having to go through a LIR to get it.

--
The ATM to Qwicky Mart is wigging because of Windows 95.
Sun Microsystems is charging the omega 13 device.