[sclug] Ubuntu 7.19

John Stumbles john at stumbles.org.uk
Tue Oct 16 22:49:01 UTC 2007

John Paul Wallington wrote:

> The desirability of doing so is a matter of opinion.  Google for
> harmful reply-to munging.

The bottom line being according to
http://woozle.org/~neale/papers/reply-to-still-harmful
that rfc2822 obsoletes rfc822's apparent permission for munging Reply-To
to the list address as featured in
http://www.metasystema.net/essays/reply-to.mhtml
whilst rfc 2369 provides a List-Post field which "describes the method
for posting to the list ... typically the address of the list" which
KMail (and maybe other MUAs) act on.

In the case of the message to which I'm replying we have

In the case of Mozilla mail we have a 'Reply All' function which knows
fsck all about List-Post :-(

Any mozilla-compatible (look&feel + mailbox/directory structure) clients
out there that do?

--
John Stumbles