[sclug] Cheap Tesco PC's (with Ubuntu Pre-Installed)

Ed Davies sclug at edavies.nildram.co.uk
Sat Oct 27 23:44:32 UTC 2007

The bit that gave me pause for thought was:

   Accessories Included:    Relevant driver CD...

I hope that's just so you can set the machine up without
a net connection to pull down some driver not on the
standard distribution disk - not an indication that the
machine uses components which need drivers not in the
Ubuntu repositories.  Seems to rather defeat the object
of buying a Linux machine if you need proprietary
drivers.

Ed.