[sclug] SCLUG competition!!! Free computers and beer!!!

Tom Carbert-Allen tom at randominter.net
Mon Apr 7 15:59:55 UTC 2008

How about a competition?

In no less than one word describe an interesting and imaginative use for
a low spec Linux box with 3 X 100mb network cards.

If my memory serves me correctly it's a 800mhz AMD on a
everything-on-board motherboard (VGA, sound, one of the LANs) 40GB hard
drive, serial, ppt, no floppy, old 20 X CD drive, I think it has USB or
I might have used a PCI USB card I can't remember. This box isn't new,
but with our favourite OS it can do atleast a million different things
at a decent speed.

The prizes:

The most insane project idea wins the box! Yes a complete x86 box of joy
totally for free!
If there are more than one stunning idea I may give away a second box of
similar spec.
Anyone that comes up with a unique project that genuinely uses all three
network cards wins a drink!
Anyone that guess's all five of the projects I have used it for in the
past wins two drinks!

Send your entries to the list and we will argue over the results on
Wednesday over an ale (ale festival is on at JDW)

TCA

ps. please bear in mind the box isn't PAT tested and I take no
responsability if it kills you etc but I will take the WEEE
responsability and I will dispose of it properly if you don't want it
anymore (or give it away again if it still works)