[sclug] Linux as a web-farm load-balancer

n.a.haughton@bigfoot.com haughtonomous at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 5 11:43:52 UTC 2008

Hi,

I need some advice!

I want to set up a load balancer in front of a pair of WinXP webservers, to
test some software in a web farm environment. Cash is tight, so a Linux
solution sounds a good approach.  There are a couple of issues that I can
see might get in the way:

1. The WinXP webservers are in an Active Directory domain. Is this an issue?

2. What exactly do I have to do to set this up? I have the latest OpenSuse11
available, for example, but am prepared to try any distro that will quickly
and easily solve my problem.

All help welcomed.

Regards,

Neil.