[sclug] Load balancing

n.a.haughton@bigfoot.com haughtonomous at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 5 19:44:25 UTC 2008

balancer that should just work, so it looks ideal. I got as far as adding an
Ubuntu 8.04 machine to the network and using a browser on that to
successfully access the webapp on either of the two WinXP webservers, so I
know that the Ubuntu machine can see the webservers. I then configured and
started Pound on the Ubuntu machine, and tried to send requests to that
from another desktop. What I expect should happen is that the requests
should be picked up by Pound and forwarded to one or other of the
webservers, and the response sent back to the client browser. What is
actually happening is - nothing. The client browser is sending the request
to the Ubuntu machine, but  no response is coming back.  I have set Pound to
listen on the IP address of the Ubuntu machine, port 80 - does anyone know
if this is what I am meant to do?

Neil