[sclug] capturing audio output of browsers?

Alex Butcher lug at assursys.co.uk
Fri Aug 8 21:16:20 UTC 2008

On Fri, 8 Aug 2008, John Stumbles wrote:

> In Ye Olde Days of primitive sound architectures one could capture the audio
> output of an application with vsound. However on a system with ALSA it
> doesn't seem to work. Anyone know if it's possible anyhow? Specifically to
> capture output of browser-hosted flash-based streaming audio players.

It seems ALSA can do this all by itself with the right magic:

<http://www.usenet-forums.com/linux-general/80133-how-capture-streaming-audio-alsa-linux.html>

Best Regards,
Alex
--
Alex Butcher, Bristol UK.                           PGP/GnuPG ID:0x5010dbff

"[T]he whole point about the reason why I think it is important we go for
identity cards and an identity database today is that identity fraud and
abuse is a major, major problem. Now the civil liberties aspect of it, look
it is a view, I don't personally think it matters very much."
  - Tony Blair, 6 June 2006 <http://www.number-10.gov.uk/output/Page9566.asp>