[sclug] Hello Friends regarding- rsync daemon

mskadu@gmail.com mskadu
Thu Aug 28 09:42:09 UTC 2008

I dont think "rsync --daemon" generates the .conf file. You need to create
one yourself. You can use the sample from the man command as a template and
then customize it to your needs.

For sample file, see rsync man output:

http://linux.die.net/man/5/rsyncd.conf

Look for the section titled "Examples". You did not mention the distro you
are trying this on. But I suspect you fill find an example conf somewhere in
your FS.

- Mayuresh