[sclug] OT: hardware issue

Darren Davison darren at davisononline.org
Thu Jan 10 17:35:18 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 02:39:35PM +0000, Jason Rivers wrote:
> I would also suspect the PSU.

ok, maybe I'll get on eof those too.  Perhaps Novatech will let me take
the gfx card back I bought there yesterday :)

The current PSU is a 650w device but I forget the brand.

> if you pull the memory, do you get system beeps (both with GFX in and out?
> (3 beeps all same length - can't remember if they're long or short.) i think
> no GFX card is 1 long beep followed by 2 short. don't hold me to that
> though, it also changes slightly between BIOS's.

sounds familiar - I think I did get the 1 long/2 short beeps on the one
occasion that it did boot.

Now of course, I get nothing.. no beeps at all, just the sound of the
fans to keep me company.

Thanks for the reply.

--
Darren Davison