[sclug] Linux compatible Digital TV hardware?

Tom Carbert-Allen tom at randominter.net
Tue Jan 15 11:19:16 UTC 2008

We aren't even going to have HD DVB-T by 2012 acording to recent ofcom
rumours. despite the fact most other countries in Europe will be getting
the UK olympics in 2012 in HD.... (not that I wanted the olympics
anyway) But it is a bit of am embarasement for the UK IT/TV industry.
They even went as far as saying SKY can't show HD olympics because it
won't be available on freeview and olympics has to be fair access to
all...go figure. I bet it will be on one of the FreeSat channels though,
but probably in a euro language.

TCA