[sclug] Headphone socket on laptop

Tom Carbert-Allen tom at randominter.net
Sat Jan 19 21:52:41 UTC 2008

I concuor that older laptops had a physical switch (I have repaired more
than one in the past) but my ~6 month old acer laptop will refuse to
switch output modes if the driver crashs, you can restart it and get
sound, but it won't switch outputs until the next power cycle. I suspect
your laptop also is switching in software land not hardware if it is a
more modern box.

TCA