[sclug] Using a Wiki to store bookmarks

Spencer Collyer spencer at lasermount.plus.com
Wed Jan 23 07:03:31 UTC 2008

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 19:48:45 +0000, Tom Carbert-Allen wrote:
> i'll have one of those too please!
>
> I already use mediawiki to brain dump ideas before they get into a
> real project plan, at the moment i copy and paste links into it. The
> firefox extension would be ideal.
>
> btw, unless anyone else suggests something better i can recommand
> mediawiki for a quick and simple wiki that is easy to dump data into,
> The sql backend is pretty simple so I just push stuff in that way.
>
> TCA

Thanks for the reply Tom. Isn't mediawiki the one that Wikipedia runs
on? I'd assumed it was quite a heavyweight, and I was looking for
something small and simple. I'll check it out anyway, see how it
measures up.

Spencer Collyer

--
<<< Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines >>>
7:01am up 26 days 0:07, 16 users, load average: 2.50, 1.56, 1.25