[sclug] Using a Wiki to store bookmarks

Spencer Collyer spencer at lasermount.plus.com
Sat Jan 26 07:34:41 UTC 2008

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 21:35:35 +0000, ed wrote:
> John Kennedy wrote:

> > Why not use the Foxmarks extension to Firefox. It is updated
> > automatically whenever you add a new bookmark. Your bookmarks
> > aren't shared either. I use it to keep all my bookmarks sync'd.
>
> Having all the book marks on one page is easy for this situation. This
> suggestion would do both since bookmarks.html can be left open by the
> end user.

John & Ed,

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look into Foxmarks - it'll certainly help with the multiple computer situation, and Ed's suggestion of keeping bookmarks.html open all the time is certainly an option (although my bookmarks.html is so big it's a bit unwieldy).

I'm going to continue thinking about this stuff - it's been something I've been meaning to do for a long time, but real life (and other more important projects) keep intruding. The Wiki idea is just one line of enquiry I am pursuing.

Thanks again for all your help.

Spencer

--
<<< Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines >>>
7:27am up 29 days 0:32, 16 users, load average: 0.28, 0.36, 0.26