[sclug] DHCP gateways

Jason Rivers jason.rivers at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 14:45:23 UTC 2008

Hi all.

we have a DHCP server, running on a Suse 10.3 box, this has a default
gateway for the address's and that all works fine.

however, we have a second gateway here, generally for testing, and for a
backup line, but some of our roaming users VPN into another network, our
main gateway runs through a Dlink DFL-800 - which seems like a good router,
but is very poor at handling VPN's (displite it actually being a VPN router)
- what i'd like to achieve is for any system that isn't in the DHCP list to
get the same ip (machines that would get an address from the pool) I would
like to use the other gateway.

my question is, can I set the DHCP server to issue different gateways for
different systems?

Jason.