[sclug] apt-get source.list

Bob Redknap r.s.redknap at reading.ac.uk
Thu Jun 19 18:22:09 UTC 2008

Hello,

1. Could someone suggest an entry I could put in my eeePC apt-get
source.list that would bring back dosbox-0.72 ? I keep getting version
0.65 from whatever's there already (a few deps. copied off a www forum).
(I did try putting the 0.72-tar.gz on the eeepc but a ./configure + make
generated a million errors.)

2. Does 'apt-get install dosbox' install the first thing it finds in the
source.list or would it know to install only the latest version, if it had
a choice (meaning: do I need to delete an entry in the source.list perhaps)?

Thanks for any help,

Bob R.
+ Asus EeePC + default xandros
Today's useful tip: Alt-left-button-down-move-cursor shifts the window
above the top of the screen to bring missing buttons back into the eeepc's
800x480 view when the 3rd-party app has opened itself into 800x600 mode.