[sclug] BIND 9 returns empty response instead of REFUSED for non-hosted zones

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Fri Nov 7 13:34:13 UTC 2008

On Fri, Nov 07, 2008 at 01:51:33PM +0100, Simon Heywood wrote:
> I can't work out why the second request isn't replied to with an error
> code, but I suspect that it's something to do with ns0 being configured
> to allow recursive requests from certain IP addresses, using views.

> view "recursion" {
>         match-clients { recursion; };
>         recursion yes;
>         // root zone hints and local zone declarations
> }
> view "public" {
>         match-clients { any; };
>         recursion no;
>         // public zone declarations
> }

I've not played with views.
How about:

allow-recursion { some-hosts-here; };
allow-query { some-hosts-here; };

in the options stanza and allow-query { all; }; in each zone you really
do want to be public.

You might be able to have allow-query { all; }; in the options but I
can't remember if that DTRT without testing it.

Does that do what you want?

Simon.

--
oOoOo           But what if Sarris survives? - Mathesar            oOoOo
 oOoOo   Oh, I don't think so. I gave him both barrels. - Jason   oOoOo