[sclug] Train tickets

Neil Haughton haughtonomous at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 23 17:43:35 UTC 2008

You might be interested to know that it is often cheaper to buy consecutive
return tickets - eg Reading to Bath (return) + Bath to Cardiff (return) can
be cheaper than a return from Reading to Cardiff. All you have to be certain
of is that your train actually stops at the intermediate station.

I learned this on t'telly last night, but my wife assures me she has put
into practise on many an occasion. You have to play around choosing the
intermediate station to get the desired results, but it can be hugely worth
it.

Regards,

Neil.